Top 5 Features of Google Plus
In my last post I wrote about the the top five annoyances of Google+, and why it's struggling to become the next facebook. Well, it appears that somebody out in Mountain View read my post.
- Google Apps Support. Over the past week Google launched support and integration between Google Apps and Google+, which allows them to auto-magically play nice. Next time you log into Google Apps/Mail, check out the "+" icon up in the top right corner.
- Mobile Support. Another one of my annoyances from my last post, now the Android Google+ app supports your Google Apps business account. Yay!
- Mobile Photo Uploads. The syncing of photos between your mobile device and your desktop can sometimes be a pain, though with this turned on you instantly upload them to your Plus account album. While it's a little confusing at first, I finally decided to turn this on. My biggest concern was posting every photo to my Plus stream, though I learned that pics are posted to a private album by default (which you can change to public later).
- Takeout. Ever wanted to download and backup all of your Google account info including Plus, Contact, Picasa, Voice, etc? Well now you can.
- Games. I'm not what you'd consider a huge gamer, though there appears to be about 20 games available on Plus. While this is nowhere near the some bazillion games available on Facebook, they do have a good start...and this includes Angry Birds. Not to mention Crime City, which requires the player to rob a mini mart within the first 15 seconds of the game.